BACK TO SCHOOL REMINDER- DRIVE SAFELY IN SCHOOL ZONES
Back to school reminder- Drive safely in school zones
It’s hard to believe school is back in session next week.
Please take a moment to review some school zone safety tips.
· Obey the 20 mph speed limit in all school zones.
· Yield the right of way to pedestrians and children getting on and off school buses.
· Stop and wait for school buses when red lights are flashing.
· Be aware of students when there are no sidewalks along the road and when backing out of driveways.
· Pedestrians should use crosswalks and cross with the crossing sign.
· Closely supervise your children as they walk to and from a vehicle or school.
· Pay attention while driving – do not be distracted by using electronic devices or cell phones.
· Please pay special attention to intersections such as the one at Wanda & Princess Dr. that has recently become a 4-Way stop to be sure to follow all traffic rules and watch out for pedestrians.
Thank you for doing your part to provide safe travel this school year.
Please note that we are currently installing a HAWK beacon system on Sunnyside Rd. in front of Hillcrest High School, coming soon! We are very excited for the increased safety this will bring to students.